Wednesday 24 April 2013

Interview with J-Black

We caught up with rapper J-black, the rapper that brought us the Hit song "Beautiful Life" in 2012, when he dropped his debut album "My T.I.M.E" and is a member of the quadruple-threat rap group The TRIBE. Check out the Q&A with J-Black:


Q: Who is J-Black?
A: J-Black is an artist/entrepreneur, inspired and driven by life..that's who I am.

Q: When & how did you start rapping?
A: Started rapping when I was 14, at W.H.S, it all started in English class when a poem I wrote sounded more like a verse..and I took it from there.

Q: What was your break-through?
A: Must have been the "We Go Hard REMIX", I started rappin' with K.K but he went in the game 1st so that was like him bringin' me in as well.

Q: My T.I.M.E is a great Album, how was it working on it, what was the formula?
A: My T.I.M.E was great, worked on it for a year though, we weren't planning to make it an album, we just recorded trax and after performing on da same stage as HHP and DA.LES, I felt like I had enough tracks and that it was MY TIME to breakthrough.

Q: You only shot two videos off the project, are the more to come or are you on to the next project?
A: Yes, shooting a vid for HUSTLER MUSIC this week.

Q: What are your influences?
A: My influences are basically music, all kinds; DMX,  Jay-Z, Nas, The Game, and Pusha T, that's my playlist right now.

Q: Your local top5 rappers?
A: Top 5: D-jay, Marven SouthGate, SouthWest, The TRIBE and ME at NO.1. 

Q: What has been your greatest musical experience?
A: That would be me performing LIVE with a band at the warehouse...that was MUSIC!

Q: How is it being part of The TRIBE?
A: Being part of The TRIBE is amazing, talented dudes and I always learn something new from them, they're very intelligent. You always learning with them.

Q: You are all great MCs, aint it hard getting together to work?
A: It aint hard to work really, we all get along, tracks are made in minutes...its actually easier workin' with them. Ideas keep flowing. 

Q: What's the tribe's formula?
A: We don't have a formula, we just want our music to express our thoughts and views.

Q: Money or fame?
A: For me, rather money...I could do without fame, fame has more negatives than money.

Q: People say you're arrogant, are you?
A: I'm not arrogant, I just don't believe in other people more than myself.

Q: Whats the greatest advice a friend ever gave you?
A: A friend once told me that "don't try and be the best rapper ever, be the best J-Black ever"

Q: Single or in a relationship?
A: I'm dating, and I love my girl..

Q: Local celeb crush?
A: Would have to be Cutie, I love a classy woman

Q: What should we be expecting from J-black in 2013?
A: Expect so much.. The TRIBE's E.P "W.A.T.T" and the album "Ordinary Is Boring", And expect an album from me, plus my label and team BLACKOUT GANG...clothing, shows, new artist, expect alot from my camp. BLACKOUT OR R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment