Saturday 29 March 2014

Artist to look out for: LeSean Elshadia FreeSpirit

You might know him for making an appearance on Blacksheep's Kalyampombo album, and now this rapper just recently collaborated with Unknown Division on the critically acclaimed Alkebulan Connection tape.


Lesean Elshadia FreeSpirit real name Clinton Mubita is a Zambian born rapper who grew up in Okahandja, Namibia. After having completed his high school at Okahandja Secondary School in 2010, LeSean relocated to Windhoek City to complete his tertiary education at The University Of Namibia, and that's when he began pursuing his love for music, and turned his focus primarily on music.

LeSean started going around to meet other artists and visit studios, that's when he met fellow O-Townian, Infinity Records producer RUK. LeSean worked with the producer on his first record titled "I Made It" in 2011, which was never released. "I realized that I needed more time to study the music, and really know what I was doing", said the rapper. "In the same year I met Lo Ski, and by then I had started listening and studying how artists worked in the studio, just trying to perfect my Art, as by that time I was living at the studio with RUK, Lo Ski and Cardiac Ski. A short while after, I got introduced to Marven SouthGate, and that become the niggers I rolled with, and in 2012 I was ready and fully loaded with bars that keeps getting better.", he continued to explain.
"LeSean with Lo Ski & Marven SG"

In 2013 he began working on his first mixtape titled "Right Kid Gone Left", from which he only dropped four songs beacuse he felt that people were not ready for the other songs he withheld. Citing reasons that he did not want to be interpreted the wrong way cause on those records he did music as Lehova his alter-ego. "I felt like people should first get to know Lesean Elshadi Freespirit before I can take them on a journey with Lehova." he explained.
"LeSean doing a radio interview"

His music is available on soundcloud (CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO HIS MUSIC).

No comments:

Post a Comment