Tuesday 26 March 2013

Interview with underground rapper Lioness

"Lioness"
Check out the Q&A with underground female rapper Lioness:
Q: Who is Lioness?
A: Lioness is part of La-toya, part of Nezzy_doe but makes up the whole.

Q: When did you start doing music?
A: I started doing music in 2008 underground, it was never something I wanted anyone to know about, cuz it was so unrefined, but I love the imperfection because every time I wrote I knew there was room for perfection.

Q: How did you fall in love with the art?
A: Music has always been my first love, I guess it started when I started doing ballet and other forms of dance. intertwining dancing with music made me appreciate music more. So that is probably when I was 5? That's when I started dancing and that's when I fell in love, with music.

Q: When are we going to hear a full track or an official single/album from you?
A: Uhh, when I find a studio that understands what I'm trying to get out of my music. I have big plans for Namibia and when they appreciate a certain type of music, I will show them my true talent.

Q: Is rapping just a hobby or do you plan to make it a career?A: Wow ,uh, music is a hobby right now, though I hate calling it that. I plan to make it another part of what I do, so I guess we will see the what happens in the future :-)

Q: What are the plans for Lioness in the rap game?A: Plans? Be bigger and better, push myself beyond all limitations.

Q: Your local Top 5 rappers?A: That would be 1. Mark Mushiva from black vulcanite, 2. Amabassador Star, 3. Ali ThatDude from black vulcanite, 4. Lo Ski and 5. Snowflake 

Q: Are you signed to a label or independent?A: I'm freelance baby. haha

Q: Who would you like to collaborate with?A: Uh Mark Mushiva, that guy I have no words for, I really want a collaboration with him..

Q: Do you think the rap game is sleeping on female MCs?A: I just don't feel the female rappers get enough credit from Namibia, it's either she is trying to imitate Nicki Minaj or it's this or it's that, give the beautiful ladies a chance to show you Namibia what they can do.

Q: How come we don't hear collabos from female rappers in Namibia?A: The females are intimidated I guess, I for one have no problem with any of them. I don't know many and I won't judge any, but it would be mad if females would get off their high horses and make a few banging collabos.

Q: Your local celebrity crush?A: haha I can't think of anyone specific.

Q: The gentlemen would wanna know, are you single?A: Lioness has a lion sorry gents lol

Q: How do you feel about Maszanga getting nominated in Best Hip Hop
2013 at the NAMAs?
A: Hey I don't know who he really is, sorry for the ignorance, but it seems he shouldn't be there according to people? I don't know I'l do research on him.

2 comments:

  1. hi , if you lookin for a proper and creative studio let me know 0813869122 or email ivenzpaz@gmail.com

    for now check out this link :
    http://soundcloud.com/glammour-grind-records#play

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lioness the fact that you acknowledge Snowflake! I love you...

    ReplyDelete