Wednesday 27 March 2013

Interview with KK

"Rapper KK"

KK is a rapper/singer, producer, songwriter and member of the Quadruple-threat Group The TRIBE. This is the multi-talented artist brought us the hit single "We Go Hard" in 2009, his rise to fame. Recently voted Best Male MC on the Namibian Hip Hop blog. Check out KK's Q&A with Nam Hip Hop News:
Q: what have you been up to? 
A: I’ve been busy working, as most people might know I recently started working for Old Mutual and it has helped me a lot in learning about the corporate world and how life operates on a professional level. I have also been busy recording and working on my productions.   

Q: What is the name of your upcoming album (if any) and when is it dropping? 
A:  At this moment in time I don’t want to reveal the name of my album yet but as for the release date, it can be expected early July. 

Q: Any new singles expected to drop soon? 
A:  My first single will be out within two weeks. I dropped a few songs last year but my producer and I cooked up something nice titled “16” and we believe it will rock Namibia. 

Q: After "We Go Hard", can you come up with something bigger than that hit? 
A:  To be honest, “we go hard” was my biggest song, produced by the biggest and best producer I’ve known, may his soul rest in eternal peace and on this new project I have better songs but I will never have a bigger song then that one. 

Q: Since you started producing recently, on whose projects can we hear your beats' skills? 
A:  One of the most recent is my boy Stitch, I did two tracks for him and you will have to buy the album to hear it. I also worked on a house project for Max the Don, did 4 beats for the “Infinity EP”, 3 for Rainy and a few other artists. I’m busy working on something for Lil D’s album and of course the TRIBE. Salute to all my Chiefs!    

Q: Who would you like to collaborate with in the game that you haven't worked with yet? 
A:  I would love to work with Shishani, Mushe, Exit, Gazza, Ndilimani, Mark and a lot of other talented artists.

Q: Who are your local Top 5 rappers? 
A:  Myself coz I’m cocky like that, Mc Ray, Stitch, J Black and Mark..hahahaha

Q: Since you were voted Best Male MC on the Nam Hip Hop blog, name a wack rapper that you think is wasting time? 
A:  When do I get my award?
There are too many of them and I don’t waste my time trying to remember their names. 

Q: Do you think the rap game is sleeping on female MCs in Namibia? 
A:  Not at all! Female Mc’s are sleeping on the game, they all want to be a bad B^%$# like Nicky. I only like 4 female rappers here coz they can actually rap... its really sad     

Q: What is Hip Hop to you? 
A:  Too many people are unclear as to what Hip Hop Culture really is and tend to use the term frivolously. Hip Hop Culture is commonly recognized by its main elements: Graffiti, Djing, Breakdancing, Mcing (Rapping), and Beatboxing.  However, these elements are simply forms of art designed to express a deeper meaning. To me Hip Hop is so much more than mere art and entertainment.  It is joy, sorrow, pleasure, pain, victory, defeat, anger, happiness, confusion, clarity, humour, intensity, dream, nightmare, life, death, and everything else in between.  It is the spirit that connects the past to the present and lays a path towards the future. It is my everything. 

Q: How do you feel about Maszanga getting nominated in Best Hip Hop 2013 at the NAMAs? 
A:  They my boys and all but they don’t belong there and we all know it.

Q: Your local celebrity crush? 
A:  Hmmmmm. Ruby can get it, Maria too…. YEAH!

Q: What's up with you and Bella Harris? (The indirect messages to each other) 
 A:   “Each other” lol. I make good music, people like good musicJ BERMUDA

Q: The ladies would wanna know. Are you single? 
A:  Are they going to do something about it? And YES ladies I am. 

Q: And lastly, what's up with the TRIBE, what should we expect? 
A:  Everything. We coming out gunz blazing this year with one sole purpose. TO TAKE WHATS RIGHTFULLY OURS. I hope that answers your question. THANK YOU!















Pictures taken by NawaZone

1 comment: