Sunday 31 March 2013

Interview with "favourite rapper" D-jay




"Favourite Rapper D-jay"
Diogene Ochs (born August 21, 1987 in Whk,Namibia) better known as his stage name D-Jay, is an award winning Namibian Hip Hop artist, who brought us the hits "Girl Like Mine", "Listen to Your Heart" and "Champion". D-Jay has thus far released two studio albums titled "Game Over" in 2009 under GMP and "Favourite Rapper" in 2010 under Izinyoka Ent. and was also featured on the "Cultural Revolution" album by Izinyoka Ent. released in 2012.


Q: You have been quiet, what have you been up to?

A: I've been working on my album and travelling the country...most rappers do shows in Whk only, I've been blessed enough to travel all over the country. At the moment i'm working on "Champion", which is my 3rd and biggest album ever and focusing on my personal life.


Q: Are you still with Izinyoka Ent?
A: Yes..I'm still with Izinyoka, i'm happy here. I have a good team in the office thats down for me like i'm down with them. They have big plans for me.
Q: When should fans expect the Champion album to drop?

A: Its droppin' this year...I cant really tell you when exactly but i'm sure it'll be around June, July, August. I'm just waiting on the paperwork in the office to be confirmed for the collabo and video I wanna do, then we good to go.
Q: What is the biggest hit by you?

A: I'm not sure, I'll have to say its a tie between "Listen to your heart" and "Champion". Both songs were heartfelt and are both getting a lotta love from adults to kids..
Q: Your favourite hangout spot?

A: I don't really have a favourite place.. But I feel sky-bar at Hilton hotel and Tornado's...that's where I go when my pockets are fat, other than that, you'll find me in the hood (Tura) kickin' it with the boys from the hood in Wanaheda. I like the hood.
Q What else do you love doing besides being in the Studio?

A: Shooting videos, listening to music, staying busy on the net, chatting to fans or watching videos to get fresh ideas.. I like to party too!
Q: Who is the biggest blunder in Hip Hop thus far?

A: I'm not a hater so I really cant answer that question...everybody comes out different and has their own fans n that's what I like about Hip Hop.
Q: You local Top 5 rappers?
A: D-Jay (I wont lie i listen to myself alot... especially the new me)

J-Black
Kanibal
Jericho
Mc Ray
Q: Your local celebrity crush?

A: I'll have to say Cutey from NBC....I've had a crush on her for a very long time! I remember when I was 16 I came from Wavisbay to Radio Energy and sat outside the studio on the floor waiting for a radio DJ to take my CD and she walked in with heels on and took my CD and said "you must be the guy from the coast I heard about". She's beautiful, inside and outside.
Q: Do you think the rap game is sleeping on female MCs in Namibia? 

A: Nah, not really.. We just need more female MC's. But it aint easy being a female rapper. Time, patience and a lotta money is what you'll need. I know a few girls who tried and realized how easy it is to rap, but how hard it is to be an artist. Sometimes I sit and look at people like RU and i'm like "this chic is serious with this sh*t"! She's doing better than a lotta male rappers......fans wont sleep on you if give em a reason not to, male or female.
Q: The ladies would wanna know. Are you single? 

A: Nah... i'm not single, I have a good grl who's been down for me for a while now. She's too cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment