Sunday 2 June 2013

Interview with rapper Zane Haze

Zane Haze is a Namibian rapper residing in The States. Check out his Q&A with Nam Hip Hop news:

Q: Who is Zane Haze?
A: Zane Haze is an individual who takes pride in what he does and where his from (061 stand up)


Q: How long have you been in the game?
A: Since I was like 8 I had a really bad upbringing so as a child I took my frustration out on paper .


Q: What have you been up to in the USA?
A: The USA is my current home but NA is my first .


Q: Your top 5 Local rappers?
A: Zane Haze, MC Ray, Lo Ski, Stitch, and Mr. Diamond’s 


Q: How is the scene in the states?
A: It’s great, HIP HOP is like a religion here, the love for it is huge I hope it’s the same back home.


Q: What changes will you bring to the Nam Hip Hop game?
A: My goal is to bring substance to the hip-hop culture and make it a career, some rappers rap just to be cool and get more respect which I think is BS. I take the culture seriously, I put years and years in the art and I think we should be rewarded greatly for it.


Q: What do you have out currently?
A: I have a couple singles and remixes which I dedicate to 061 because it built my outlook on life and I have a mixtape coming out soon called "Stand-up Guy" .


Q: Who would you like to collaborate with (local)?
A: Blossom came to visit America a week ago I fell in love with her voice so definitely her, MC Ray I call him the Tupac of Namibia, the whyler Diamonds he's crazy and entertaining, shout out to the DMONEY Team and the hommie Lo ski. 


Q: Your local celebrity crush? (Any Nam beauties, models or female musician you'd like to be in a bubble bath with)
 A: currently non but Namibian Girls are beautiful .


Q: Why do you call yourself "king of the 061" yet you don't reside here?
A: 061 Rappers don’t give credit to the city as much, don’t get me wrong a few do but most want to mimic Americans so I took it upon myself to represent and pay homage to the city that made what you know as Zane Haze 

Q: How long have you been in the states, and when is The King of the 061 coming back home?
A: I’ve been here for 8 years, I’m going back at end of this year just finishing my project (2year visit).


Q: What do you think of a female (Ru) winning the Best Rap category at this year's (2013) Namibian Annual Music Awards?
A: Oh man! RU, I put my money on it, she the most creative female I’ve seen so far. I’m a big fan, she deserved that Award I really would love to work with her, she nice with it.


Q: You recently called out the Namibian rapper from Angola, RainyDay, as wack. Is there any beef? Quoting your status update saying "I bring the sun out on a Rainyday"
A: I don’t believe in beef, beef is for attention, but I believe in honesty I have no bad blood for dude but dude sucks, call it hating or whatever. I give respect where its due, since I portray myself as the King of the 061 I have to make sure wack rappers either improve on the art form of rap or depart from it. On top of that rapping is competitive, if he's a real rapper he’ll understand where I’m coming from, I’m ready for whatever. I just say it like I see it!


Q: Lastly, the ladies would wanna know, are you single?
A: hahaha freedom is a good friend of mine right now I’m not ready for relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment